Jay let us in on the Handicappers Pyramid last week, but now it is Derby time. His take, along with updates to come.
Cream Rises to the Top
The class of this year's 3yo crop is beginning to make itself known.
So, who can get 10 furlongs on the dirt?
I am primarily looking at two things from the top contenders:
Closing Times, and Times from Gate to Wire.
Gate to Wire times are hand timed from the gate, and generally longer than the official times. Closing times measure how long it took the horse to run the last few furlongs of the race.
For Reference, 2008 Kentucky Derby winner Big Brown is included.
1. Friesan Fire - Quietly a strong contender.
2. Dunkirk - Needs win in Florida Derby.
3. Desert Party - Best of Dubai bunch.
4. Old Fashioned - His Remsen is still best Derby prep on paper.
5. Pioneerof The Nile - Best in the West , synth to dirt?
6. Quality Road - Best 3yo miler / Distance a question
Somebody's Watching You - Hello Broadway, Take The Points, Square Eddie, Affirmatif...
Never say Never – The Pamplemousse has absolutely no shot!