- I'd like to see a 15% pick 5 at all NYRA racetracks. This summer the pools would be great at 'Toga and someone will walk away with a lot of money for a 50 cent denomination ticket.
- I'd like to see a racetrack and a government get together to create a horse racing lottery. Each paid admission to a racetrack gives you a ticket where you pick 9 numbers, corresponding to nine races. One ticket, one combo. This bet is also sold in stores or at Lottery kiosks. With some work horse racing could have a multi-million dollar lottery to promote to slots players.
- I'd like to see horse racing eliminate coupled entries at the big tracks. Bettors don't need to be protected from themselves, and the people in the sport are not criminals. Racing for a $75,000 Maiden Special Weight with a couple $400,000 two year olds and worrying about cashing a bet at 7-2? Please. Expand field size by eliminating the 1 and 1A's from this sports lexicon.
- I'd like to see NYRA's pick 3 rules be their pick 4 rules. That's the Golden Ticket, if you know what I mean.
- I'd like to read a headline or email from someone in California racing that doesn't talk about raising takeout on their customers to fix their problems.
- I'd like it so each time a horse is beaten by more than a half a football field, the trainer reports the issue to the race office and that information is in the racing form as a condition of entry, so I don't have to guess what happened. Call it the "Hong Kong Respect For Horseplayer Money Act"
- I'd like to see all slot tracks have a maximum takeout in the Win, Place and Show Pools of 10%.
- I'd like it if all horseplayers who play on track sign up for a betting awards card and swipe it each time they make a bet. Take advantage of points or lower takeout, because beating 22% can be maddening.
- I'd like to see uniform payouts on my screen. Did the exacta pay $30 for a buck or $2 at Turfway? Was that a 50 cent pick 4 payout or was it for a dollar? Each time I seem to hit a pick 4 for 50 cents I get half the price shown on the screen. Murphy's Law of horseplaying.
- I'd like to see uniform probables on my screen at my friendly neighborhood simo-center too. Do Magna tracks still show probables for a dollar? I don't really know.
- I'd like to see Tom LaMarra write more. He gets it.
- I'd like to read a headline that says every ADW and signal is open to bet on January 1st because a horsemen group & track cares more about customers than fighting.
- I'd like to see horsplayers embrace a bet like the 12% pick 3 at Sam Houston. You might not know the jocks or the horses, but you'll learn, and in the end you'll have more fun because you'll make more money.
- I'd like to see, as a condition for being a member of the TOC (Thoroughbred Owners of California) you need to sit with a bettor for a week so you know what he or she goes through trying to beat 23% takeouts on the doubles.
- I'd like to see slots tracks set aside 5% of their revenue for the horseplayer via player rewards and lower takeout, and 5% of purses for marketing.
- I'd like to see Genting Casino buy a broom to be used across the hall at the racetrack. If it's there someone will use it.
- I'd like to see all tracks be named "Racetrack and Casino" not "Casino and Racetrack"
- I'd like to see tracks that work hard for your money, be rewarded with it.
- I'd like to see Kentucky get casino's or slots at racetracks, because I think they'd sink a lot of money into horse racing; unlike a lot of other places.
- I'd like to see every track have Trakus installed. Make a deal with them on some sort of "bulk" thing. If the Jockey Club can try and ban lasix, this one should be easy.
- I'd like to be able to bet into a betting exchange, so when I bet a horse at 3-1 I get $8 back, instead of betting him at 3-1, seeing him go to 8-5 at the half mile pole and swearing like a sailor.
- I'd like to see a frog juice trainer not in my racing form, but working at Wal Mart instead. Preferably not in the pet department.
- I'd like to see owners set aside some sort of their yearling expenses for horse retirement. I'm a horseplayer, but I still love horses.
- I'd like to see everyone in racing have a happy and wonderful 2013. Good luck and thanks for reading.
Friday, January 4, 2013
Things I'd Like to See in 2013
Here's a wishlist for 2013, off the top of a horseplayers head.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
This is a great list. I'd like add a couple:
I'd like all tracks outside of NYRA and SoCal add a 10c pick six.
I'd like to see 20c pick 3s and pick4s at every track.
We miss your analysis of the 3rd race at Balmoral.
Update this stuff already!
Post a Comment